If you're planning a visit to the picturesque shopping village of Narberth anytime soon, we'd highly recommend dining with Hotel Plas Hyfryd to try their Cariad Coffee Chocolate Cup dessert. If you can't wait until your next visit, you can try following Chefs recipe below from the comfort of your own home.... #ForTheLoveOfCoffee
Hotel Plas Hyfred Chocolate and Cariad Coffee Cup Recipe
Recipe makes 4 large coffee cups
This recipe is split into two, a chocolate cup mix and a Cariad Coffee syrup.
- 200ml Fresh brewed Black Cariad Coffee
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g 55% Dark Chocolate Callets
- 375ml Whipping Cream
- 100g Condensed Milk
- 30g Unsalted Butter
Cariad Coffee Syrup
- Boil the fresh brewed Cariad Coffee abd caster sugar in a small saucepan for 5 minutes
- Leave to stand off the heat and it will naturally thicken
- In a bowl, over a water bath, bring the chocolate callets, cream and butter to a gentle boil
- Make sure all of the chocolate has melted and mixed thoroughly
- Leave the bowl to stand and cool for 5 minutes
- Add 100ml of the Cariad Coffee syrup and the condensed milk
- Fold thoroughly so that the mixture is smooth and even in colour
- Pour into four large Cariad Coffee cup, cover and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, put into the fridge to set, a couple of hours should be fine, but overnight is best.
- Decorate with Chocolate shavings to serve.